About Tao Ti
TAO TI Green Tea is an all-natural, authentically brewed, Ready to Drink (RTD) tea beverage. It is high in naturally occurring antioxidants and has no artificial additives or preservatives. With the sweetness of natural Stevia, TAO TI is very low in sugar.
Over the last three years the original Asian TAO TI recipe has been further developed to provide a flavour profile more appealing to western palates. The resulting recipe is exclusive to Tao Ti Pacific Ltd, and to the New Zealand market.
In 2009 our research and development team achieved a significant breakthrough in developing the first Stevia sweetened green tea product in the world, and the first Stevia sweetened beverage in New Zealand.
Low in Sugar
Sugar is a killer!
Sweetening our Green Tea with Stevia has enabled us to significantly reduce the level of sugar in our TAO TI drinks.
Stevia is a remarkable little herb, originally found growing in South America, and containing glycosides, which are 250 to 300 times sweeter than the sucrose in sugar.
Furthermore, the body does not metabolize the glycosides in Stevia, which results in a caloric intake of zero.
Stevia is not only sweeter than sugar, but it is also healthier. In Japan Stevia has been the number one sugar substitute for decades.
Did you Know...?
Research has proven that children drinking high sugar drinks everyday are 10 times more likely to develop diabetes.
High in Antioxidants
Antioxidants are magic!!
According to the 2007 US Department of Agriculture Database, which compares nearly 400 foods for their flavonoid content, green tea contains the highest level of antioxidants amongst fruits and vegetables.
ONE gram of green tea contains 127 milligrams of antioxidants, equivalent to the amount of antioxidants found in 500 grams of red wine and 1000 grams of apples! Think about it!
Antioxidants keep free radicals at bay and perform healing at the deepest cellular level. Here are just some of the health benefits that antioxidants may bring:
- neutralise free radicals that damage cells and DNA
- Burn fat and reduce carbohydrate utilization, enabling longer period of exercise
- Increase metabolism and burn fat
- Regulate blood sugar levels and reduce food cravings
- Boost insulin activity in the body by 15 fold
- Promote glucose metabolism and block glucose absorption
- Combats inflammation
- 100 times more effective than Vitamin C and 25 times better than Vitamin E in protecting your cells from damage by free radicals
- Block over-production of harmful enzymes that act as catalysts to abnormal cell growth
- Inhibits the production of molecules which are actively involved in causing bone erosion in joints
- Protect the liver from free radical damage
And be aware that some producers of RTD green teas ADD antioxidants to their green tea beverages. All antioxidants in TAO TI are naturally occurring.